For those who plan to participate in the Bolt Action tournament on Saturday at Little Wars, here are the tournament rules:
Check out the vendor lineup at Little Wars 2019!
The following dates are quickly approaching. Don’t miss out!
Deadline for Election Ballots – Postmarked by Sunday, March 31st.
Last Day to Submit Games for Little Wars 2019 – Sunday, March 31st
Last Day to Register Online for Little Wars 2019 – Sunday, March 31st
Last Day to Order Merchandise before Little Wars 2019 – Sunday, March 31st
Last Day for HMGS Room Block Pricing at the Westin Hotel – Thursday, April 4th
HMGS-Midwest active members: Please find the official ballot and instructions for voting here:
Please click below for an MS Excel file of the current Program Event Listing as of 2/11/19.
Please note that for the most up-to-date listing, the living PEL is located at
You can view instructions for how to register for this year’s convention and events here:
Follow the link below for the latest newsletter for HMGS-Midwest
The Board has decided to use Tabletop Events to help us manage Little Wars 2019. Game Masters submitting games for Little Wars will need to:
1) Read the Game Submission Instructions posted here: Instructions for Submission of Games to Little Wars 2019
2) Go to tabletop.events and create an account – necessary in order to use Tabletop
3) To begin submitting your game[s], go directly to our Events Submission page at:
4) The Events Manager will receive your submission, approve it or request any appropriate changes before final approval.
5) Once approved, the Events Manager will locate a Table that has open Time Slots for your game, reserve the space for you and include the requested setup and take down times.
6) Once Pre-Registration is open and players begin selecting their games, the magic of Tabletop events will produce for you: a list of players, a waiting list, and means for communicating with the players. Please note that we are, as usual, holding back 25% of the player slots so we might have spaces available for selection on site at the convention.
7) The Events Desk at Little Wars will have a TV screen posting current status of games, and a series of lap tops to help manage all the events. We will also have a printer for assigning new players to games with available space.
Saturday, February 2, 2019 – deadline for submission of games for the Preliminary Events List
Monday, February 4, 2019 – opening of Preregistration for Little Wars 2019 – including selection of specific games
Sunday, March 31, 2019 – closing of Preregistration and deadline for submission of games that can be included in the Program – in order to create the Program for the Convention, the Pre-registration packets, and the Swag Bags.
It is time again for Board of Director elections for HMGS-Midwest. As laid out in the current Bylaws the procedures are as follows:
1) By the end of November before the election in the following spring the current Board will announce whether or not they are considering serving another term of office and the membership is informed (this information was posted on the HMGS Midwest Facebook page before that date).
4) The membership will send the completed ballot via US Mail to
Membership Vice President HMGS-Midwest
5) All mailed ballots must be received by March 31st to be valid. Envelopes will remain unopened until the ballots are counted in April at public place in to be determined
6) Results of the election will be announced at the annual Members meeting on Sunday at Little Wars 2019
The incumbents desiring to serve another term include:
Steve Fratt for President
Kevin Cabai for Membership Vice President
Paul Dayton for Treasurer
Tom Zwerg for Secretary [appointed by the Board to serve out the office]
Jim Roots for Board Member at Large