It is time again for Board of Director elections for HMGS-Midwest. As laid out in the current Bylaws the procedures are as follows:
1) By the end of November before the election in the following spring the current Board will announce whether or not they are considering serving another term of office and the membership is informed (this information was posted on the HMGS Midwest Facebook page before that date).
2) Once members see the list of incumbents, they will have a chance to run for office by letting the current Board know of their intentions of running for which position by January 31, 2019. Please attach a picture and a paragraph explaining why you would like to serve in the position. We will use these in the official ballot. (Candidates should send the email to email@example.com)
3) The Board will create a ballot and send it to every member via email with all the candidates, their paragraphs of explanation and picture
4) The membership will send the completed ballot via US Mail to
Membership Vice President HMGS-Midwest
5) All mailed ballots must be received by March 31st to be valid. Envelopes will remain unopened until the ballots are counted in April at public place in to be determined
6) Results of the election will be announced at the annual Members meeting on Sunday at Little Wars 2019
The incumbents desiring to serve another term include:
Steve Fratt for President
Kevin Cabai for Membership Vice President
Paul Dayton for Treasurer
Tom Zwerg for Secretary [appointed by the Board to serve out the office]
Jim Roots for Board Member at Large
Warfare Before the Twentieth Century, Saturday November 3, 2018 at Trinity International University, 9am – Midnight
Cost = $10 HMGS-Midwest members ($20 non-members)
REGISTRATION AND EVENT SIGN-UP STARTS NOW AT https://tabletop.events/conventions/autumn-wars-2018
The Board has organized a one-day mini-convention in the late fall to serve our membership. For the first Autumn Wars we wanted to give attention to the Ancient, Medieval, and Early Modern Periods.
Greetings Gaming Vendors,
We are at that time of the year to start making your reservations for Little Wars 2019. Our host is The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center. Last year we saw our highest attendance at 700, coupled with most diverse amount of events at 235. As a thank you for your support in 2018, we have given you first right to keep your booth location from last year, at no additional charge. We had tried a number of new initiatives and based on feedback we will be continuing the following:
- Free Demo Table option for those Vendors that have expressed an interest in the Lilac Room: We will be able to offer a few more of these, by moving Paint and Take.
- Vendor Support Desk: Operated throughout the con to assist in any potential issues that may arise.
- Drink and snack cart: Lor and her friends will be back, with a smile and a cold one.
- Unloading and uploading volunteer support: This will be available Thursday night, Friday morning and Sunday after 1:00 PM.
- Program Book/Newsletter/Website advertising options:Reach out to your customers at the con and all year through HMGS-Midwest media.
- Swag Bag: SWAG donations are a terrific way to get your name and product in front of hundreds of Little Wars attendees.
- Treasure Hunt with Demo Games: Help create traffic to your booth, it became an instant hit at the convention.
- Flea Market: We will be adjusting the schedule to cause minimal conflict with the Vendor hours of operations
Plans are underway to have television news coverage, War College Events, Reenactors, Raffles, Painting Contest, Flea Market, President’s Game, and we keep the Thursday night, convention start. Sunday is Family and Tournament Day. We are formulating a reduced show entrance fee that day. Coming back to Little Wars on Sunday will be the Wheaton Academy-FOW tournament.
If you want to pay electronically and use PayPal
, you may mail in your registration to the address on the application , and then use this link
to pay the appropriate amount owed.
Here are the forms for download:
We look forward to your participation!
The board of directors of HMGS-Midwest is pleased to announce the following vendors will be attending Little Wars 2018. For more information, simply click on the logo (for those retailers who have websites):
The call for judges this year has been wildly successful and we are pleased that so many judges have volunteered their time and their talents to make Little Wars 2018 one to remember. We are still accepting events from judges up until March 30.
- Anyone submitting events for Saturday morning or afternoon will be put on a waiting list – we are full to the brim! Should events cancel, we will add judges in the order in which we have received events. We will notify you directly if we can accommodate your event. Saturday evening (7 PM and later) still has some room.
- Friday (all time slots) is getting full, too. We can squeeze in a few more events, but space is limited.
- Thursday night is healthy, but there is room for more.
- Sunday is healthy, too, but we can accept more events.
We’ve already met our minimum room requirements with The Westin – thank you to those who have booked early – but for those of you still waiting, here’s a bigger incentive. For everyone who has already booked or who books between now and April 20 at the Little Wars 2018 block of rooms preferred rate, your name will automatically be entered into a drawing for ONE NIGHT PAID by HMGS-Midwest.
What do you need to do? If you’ve already reserved your rooms, you’re good! If not, book now. The preferred rate is available publicly until midnight, March 24. After that, you must call the hotel directly and make arrangements. They will honor the rate until April 20 (subject to room availability).
Are there any other restrictions? Yes, current HMGS-Midwest board members and their families are ineligible for the drawing. It’s our thanks to the membership for your support of the convention. See you there!