Follow the link below for the latest newsletter for HMGS-Midwest
The Board has decided to use Tabletop Events to help us manage Little Wars 2019. Game Masters submitting games for Little Wars will need to:
1) Read the Game Submission Instructions posted here: Instructions for Submission of Games to Little Wars 2019
2) Go to tabletop.events and create an account – necessary in order to use Tabletop
3) To begin submitting your game[s], go directly to our Events Submission page at:
4) The Events Manager will receive your submission, approve it or request any appropriate changes before final approval.
5) Once approved, the Events Manager will locate a Table that has open Time Slots for your game, reserve the space for you and include the requested setup and take down times.
6) Once Pre-Registration is open and players begin selecting their games, the magic of Tabletop events will produce for you: a list of players, a waiting list, and means for communicating with the players. Please note that we are, as usual, holding back 25% of the player slots so we might have spaces available for selection on site at the convention.
7) The Events Desk at Little Wars will have a TV screen posting current status of games, and a series of lap tops to help manage all the events. We will also have a printer for assigning new players to games with available space.
Saturday, February 2, 2019 – deadline for submission of games for the Preliminary Events List
Monday, February 4, 2019 – opening of Preregistration for Little Wars 2019 – including selection of specific games
Sunday, March 31, 2019 – closing of Preregistration and deadline for submission of games that can be included in the Program – in order to create the Program for the Convention, the Pre-registration packets, and the Swag Bags.
It is time again for Board of Director elections for HMGS-Midwest. As laid out in the current Bylaws the procedures are as follows:
1) By the end of November before the election in the following spring the current Board will announce whether or not they are considering serving another term of office and the membership is informed (this information was posted on the HMGS Midwest Facebook page before that date).
4) The membership will send the completed ballot via US Mail to
Membership Vice President HMGS-Midwest
5) All mailed ballots must be received by March 31st to be valid. Envelopes will remain unopened until the ballots are counted in April at public place in to be determined
6) Results of the election will be announced at the annual Members meeting on Sunday at Little Wars 2019
The incumbents desiring to serve another term include:
Steve Fratt for President
Kevin Cabai for Membership Vice President
Paul Dayton for Treasurer
Tom Zwerg for Secretary [appointed by the Board to serve out the office]
Jim Roots for Board Member at Large
Warfare Before the Twentieth Century, Saturday November 3, 2018 at Trinity International University, 9am – Midnight
Cost = $10 HMGS-Midwest members ($20 non-members)
REGISTRATION AND EVENT SIGN-UP STARTS NOW AT https://tabletop.events/conventions/autumn-wars-2018
The Board has organized a one-day mini-convention in the late fall to serve our membership. For the first Autumn Wars we wanted to give attention to the Ancient, Medieval, and Early Modern Periods.
- Free Demo Table option for those Vendors that have expressed an interest in the Lilac Room: We will be able to offer a few more of these, by moving Paint and Take.
- Vendor Support Desk: Operated throughout the con to assist in any potential issues that may arise.
- Drink and snack cart: Lor and her friends will be back, with a smile and a cold one.
- Unloading and uploading volunteer support: This will be available Thursday night, Friday morning and Sunday after 1:00 PM.
- Program Book/Newsletter/Website advertising options:Reach out to your customers at the con and all year through HMGS-Midwest media.
- Swag Bag: SWAG donations are a terrific way to get your name and product in front of hundreds of Little Wars attendees.
- Treasure Hunt with Demo Games: Help create traffic to your booth, it became an instant hit at the convention.
- Flea Market: We will be adjusting the schedule to cause minimal conflict with the Vendor hours of operations
Want to know the latest info?
The call for judges this year has been wildly successful and we are pleased that so many judges have volunteered their time and their talents to make Little Wars 2018 one to remember. We are still accepting events from judges up until March 30.
- Anyone submitting events for Saturday morning or afternoon will be put on a waiting list – we are full to the brim! Should events cancel, we will add judges in the order in which we have received events. We will notify you directly if we can accommodate your event. Saturday evening (7 PM and later) still has some room.
- Friday (all time slots) is getting full, too. We can squeeze in a few more events, but space is limited.
- Thursday night is healthy, but there is room for more.
- Sunday is healthy, too, but we can accept more events.
We’ve already met our minimum room requirements with The Westin – thank you to those who have booked early – but for those of you still waiting, here’s a bigger incentive. For everyone who has already booked or who books between now and April 20 at the Little Wars 2018 block of rooms preferred rate, your name will automatically be entered into a drawing for ONE NIGHT PAID by HMGS-Midwest.
What do you need to do? If you’ve already reserved your rooms, you’re good! If not, book now. The preferred rate is available publicly until midnight, March 24. After that, you must call the hotel directly and make arrangements. They will honor the rate until April 20 (subject to room availability).
Are there any other restrictions? Yes, current HMGS-Midwest board members and their families are ineligible for the drawing. It’s our thanks to the membership for your support of the convention. See you there!